Day 12 - August 9, 2017 - Essex (Glacier National Park), MT to Kalispell, MT

Day 12 - Wednesday, August 9, 2017 - Essex (Glacier National Park), MT to Kalispell, MT 
Distance: 106km,  Time: 6:00hrs
Sunny, Hot 30c to 20c
Overnight: Travelodge Kalispell, Sunset Blvd, (350 North Main Street) Kalispell, MT (***) clean with getting very worn down.

This will be a bit of an odd posting, my motorcycle developed an oil leak last Saturday somewhere North of Sturgis, it was minor like drips but it stopped when the bike was cold.  Anyway the last thing I need is to lose my entire oil supply, which could lead to some major engine damage.  So once I reached Essex last Monday I found a  Kawasaki dealer called Fasttoys, sound like a good place, and it was.  

Enroute to Kalispell I stopped in at a great little (super busy) coffee shop in Columbia Falls, MT called Coffee Traders Link: https://www.coffeetraders.com/docs/SPRING%202015_MENU_CFALLS.pdf

Arrived around 10am and the problem was found and temporary fix by 11:30, the part was a plastic/rubber washer on the gear shift activator on the Left side. New part was ordered and would be air freighted into Kalispell the next day.

I could have ridden with the fix and brought the bike home without issue, of course I say that now, but what if the fix let go somewhere remote, like Saskatchewan then I would be in a worse situation for sure.  So off to find a place to stay overnight in Kalispell and cancel my reservation in Washington state and the foregone conclusion that I would not ride in Oregon or Washington state, oh well - it is the "journey not the destination" remember that, but I was depressed for sure.

The Travelodge had rooms and even if the place is a bit worn down the front desk staff were super.  After a brief rest it was off to the Laundry Mat, of which I could write a novel about that as well.

Diner that evening was at the number 1 place in town - Hop's Downtown Grill. http://www.hopsmontana.com/  Plus I could walk to this place and they had a few vegetarian items on the menu. BTW finding vegetarian items is rare in the West, but not impossible. 

Did make some new friends first thing in the morning as I was leaving Essex.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip Synopsis

Day 15 - August 12, 2017 - Waterton Lakes National Park, AB to Eastend, SK

Day 17 - August 14, 2017 - Carlyle, SK to East Grand Forks, MN